Call for Nomination Educator Representative
The Council is currently seeking nominations for one (1) Educator Representative (open nomination), to commence at the conclusion of the Council’s fall meeting. Individuals are welcome to self-nominate.
Core Requirements for Council Members: Core Requirements for Council Members:
- Current full-time employment in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related profession;
- At least one academic degree (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate) in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related professional specialization;
- Seven (7) years or more of full-time professional experience in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related professional specialization;
- Participation in COAPRT visits and attended an approved COAPRT Accreditation training within the past five years;
- Maintenance of updated credentials and renewal forms;
- Positive peer and institutional evaluations from involvement with previous visits, if applicable; and
- Membership in a related national or international professional association.
Council members serve three-year terms and may not serve more than two consecutive full terms. Council members review Program self-study reports for compliance with standards, review and approve visitation reports, and establish accreditation policies, procedures, and standards. These responsibilities require approximately twenty to fifty hours of commitment outside of the annual meeting each fall. Meetings are scheduled two to three times annually; including a winter teleconference lasting two hours, a spring teleconference lasting three to four hours and an annual meeting in the fall lasting one to two days.
Please submit letter of interest and abbreviated CV to COAPRT@accreditationcouncil.org by March 31, 2020