Call for Nomination Administrator Representative
Due August 15, 2020
The Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT), is the national body that accredits Baccalaureate programs in parks, recreation, tourism and related professions. The Council consists of ten members who represent the profession, including five educators from accredited institutions, three practitioners, one college/university administrator holding an academic appointment of administrative rank, and one public representative.
The Council is currently seeking nominations for one (1) Administrator Representative, to commence at the conclusion of the Council’s fall 2020 meeting. Individuals who hold an administrative position at a university are welcome to self-nominate.
Core Requirements for Council Members:
1. Current full-time employment in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related profession;
2. At least one academic degree (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate) in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related professional specialization;
3. Seven (7) years or more of full-time professional experience in parks, recreation, tourism, or a related professional specialization;
4. Participation in COAPRT visits and attended an approved COAPRT Accreditation training within the past five years;
5. Maintenance of updated credentials and renewal forms;
6. Positive peer and institutional evaluations from involvement with previous visits, if applicable; and
7. Membership in a related national or international professional association.
Council members serve three-year terms and may not serve more than two consecutive full terms. Council members review Program self-study reports for compliance with standards, review and approve visitation reports, and establish accreditation policies, procedures, and standards. These responsibilities require approximately 20 to 50 hours of commitment outside of the annual meeting each fall. Regular council meetings are scheduled quarterly; lasting approximately two hours. Additionally, council meets for a spring teleconference lasting three to four hours and an annual meeting in the fall lasting one to two days.
Please submit letter of interest and abbreviated CV to COAPRT@accreditationcouncil.org by August 15, 2020.